Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend FUN !

This past weekend it was nice to be home again and to be able to spend some family time together. By the time Friday comes around I am usually ready for the twins and I to get out of the house and go. Gracie, Bailey and I always look forward to Daddy coming home and being able to spend time with us. On Friday night we went out to a local Mexican restaurant. The restaurant usually has a live band and so the twins love the music and all the bright colors.
Gracie and I getting ready for our Friday night date!
On Saturday we did our morning chores and then all headed out to one of our favorite parks, Windermere park which is just down the road. We love the park because it allows dogs and it even has a doggy play area where Dixie can meet new friends. The twins love watching their doggy fetch sticks in the water. Gracie giggled and giggled every time Dixie would jump in the water. Daddy talked to Bailey about the outdoors and how he looks forward to taking him camping with him as soon as he gets big enough!
Mommy and Gracie watching Dixie fetch sticks!
Daddy talking to Bailey about the great outdoors.
Sunday was very exciting because it was the first time that we all went to church as a family! We have been very thankful for Preston's parents watching the twins on Sundays so we could attend church service. We were encouraged to wait until the official flu season passed before we brought the twins to church. We were so excited and nervous at the same time to take the twins to Waumba Land. Waumba Land is our church's environment for the youngest children up to four years old. It helped so much that I had volunteered in Waumba Land for a few years and I knew that we were taking Gracie and Bailey to a wonderful and loving setting. The goal of Waumba Land is to teach children that God made them, that God loves them and that Jesus wants to be their friend forever. It felt great to start teaching Gracie and Bailey this very important message. I have to admit that walking into church service my hands felt so empty and a part of me want to go back to get the twins. After walking into the service, I saw some of the girls in my women's small group and it was so nice to have familiar faces to take my mind of leaving my little one's for the first time. The twins teacher said that they did great and we are looking forward to many more Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment