Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Momma's little project

This past weekend I worked on a special project for my two sweet little ones. With the weather being so pretty we have been spending alot of time outdoors and so I wanted to get them some more things to enjoy outside. My top choice was a playhouse but we simply did not have $200-$300 to invest in something like this right before Christmas so I started checking craigslist to see what I could find in our budget. I was bummed when they were still in the $100 range and I kept missing out on the ones that were in the $50 range because people would purchase them right away. One afternoon I got a call from one of the listings that I called on and he said that his first buyer fell through and so he was offering it to me. I agreed on $50 and Preston was a great sport in driving all the way to Dacula ,which was half way to Athens in order to pick it up. We arrived and the playhouse looked TERRIBLE! It was in awful condition and the paint was all chipped off. Preston looked and me and said "honey are you sure you want this?" Since we had driven so far he agreed to pay $40 and take the playhouse home. I had high hopes that I could get this little disaster looking great. I scrubbed, sanded and after a few cans of spray paint I was very impressed with my work. I wish I would have taken before and after pics. Gracie and Bailey have loved it and it is so fun to watch them play together inside the house. I like that one side opens up since we will always have two little one's sharing the fun! Our project today is to run to Walmart to pick up some flowers for the flower boxes and some kitchen toys for the kitchen, oh how I love being able to have fun to do lists!

Come on in and play!


We love playing with the mailbox.
Bailey is checking for his mail.

Gracie is cooking in her kitchen.

So much fun to play peek a boo through the windows.


Gracie is all ready for company in her new house!
We learned how to say "snack" just in time for our new table.


3 comments:

  1. Good for you, Beth! It looks awesome and they look so adorable enjoying their new play house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute playhouse! Bailey and Gracie look like they are enjoying it fully. Great work on the paint job. Totally worth the $40!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pictures!! What a fun little house! I'll have to come by sometime this week. Its been way too long since I've seen my favorite twins (and sister-in-law!)

    ReplyDelete