Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Night Before Christmas

We celebrated Christmas Eve by first attending a 9am church service. Gracie and Bailey had fun in Waumba Land learning all about the Birthday of Jesus while Preston and I enjoyed the service. We came home to put the twins down for a nap but Bailey was too excited to nap. I was trying to get done a million things and it was not the time for him to refuse his nap and so I turned off the monitor so I couldn't hear him playing in bed. When I turned back on the monitor I could hear him singing "Happy Birthday to Jesus." I found it hard to continue to be upset with my little guy for being so excited. We then headed to Preston's parents home to celebrate with his family. We have the tradition of retelling the Christmas scripture, opening presents and then enjoying a yummy dinner. The twins were absolutely spoiled by their Grammy and Daddy Bob and they opened about a million presents. They had fun helping to be Santa clause and handing out all the presents. It was fun to see all the cousins interacting as this was their cousin, Baby Mary Elizabeth's very first Christmas. After the fun Christmas Eve night we headed home to leave out cookies for Santa and his reindeer.





No comments:

Post a Comment