Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ice Cream Cones and Playgrounds

Two of our favorite things to do in the Summer are to enjoy ice cream cones after dinner and to visit playgrounds on days when we are out of school. The twins still can't eat ice cream because they are lactose intolerant but they don't know that they are missing anything because they are able to enjoy sherbet. I remember as a kid always having ice cream after dinner and it brings back lots of memories of childhood when I hear Gracie and Bailey beg for ice cream after dinner. By the time they are done with their cone they are as sticky as can be but that is ok because we always end the night with a bubble bath.
During the day if the twins are not in school then I always try to plan something. Sometimes it is a playdate with our friends, sometimes it is a special game or project at home but usually it is visiting a park/playgrounds. I have discovered that it is alot less work on me if I can keep the kids busy and out of the house. It really pays off on keeping the house clean and wearing them out for nap/bed time. It also seems to help me out because if I am at home then my mind always seems to wonder to whatever is next on my to do list. I love watching them at playgrounds as they learn to do new things and meet new friends. Today they both learned how to climb up the "net ladder." I was a little nervous at first but all it took was a little help and then they did it over and over again. It is nice that Gracie and Bailey always have each other to do things like the see saw together. I know that I will miss these days when my kiddos are in school all the time and I am blessed to be able to spend these fun times with them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment