Monday, November 5, 2012

Cheez-it for Froggie ?

Today was a normal day and I had just gotten home from picking the twins up from school. I was preparing a snack for them and I had opened the back door to get them to go out to play as it was a beautiful day. If I recall correctly, I was unloading the dishwasher and trying to prepare a snack all at the same time. Bailey came in and said..."mommy can I have a cheez-it to feed my froggie?" I just kind of dismissed his comment as it seemed a little silly. About two minutes later I have finished the dishes and I am pouring juice and Bailey comes in again and say "froggie hungry mommy, froggie hungry." I poured the juice and told Bailey that I would come out to see his pretend froggie. I went outside and set our snacks on the table and I asked Bailey to introduce me to his froggie. Well....I was a little shocked when he pointed to his real frog that he had caught. I couldn't believe this green guy with sticky toes that was staring back at me and I looked at Bailey in amazement. He simply said "can froggy have a cheez-it now?" We talked about how frogs do not eat human food and used the froggie to talk about their environment for a little bit before I asked the twins if they thought froggie missed his mommy. They both agreed that he did and so they helped me to release him into the wild. It was a fun lesson that was completely unplanned. I now will give my little buddy more credit when he asks for snack requests for his "friends." Here is the picture to prove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment