Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful Thanksgiving

One Thankful Mommy!

This Thanksgiving was almost indescribable for me in so many ways. Thanksgiving is a time when I reflect over the things in which I am thankful that God has blessed upon me and this year there were so many that it was difficult to concentrate on the magnitude of the blessings that had been bestowed upon me.


First of all my heart was grateful for an ever loving God that pursues me and challenges me in so many ways and loves me unconditionally.


Preston would have to be next on my list of thankfulness as his love was magnified over the past year with his faithfulness to serve his family in unthinkable ways. Do you all know that for six weeks he worked from 8:00am-6:00pm and spent every lunch break at the hospital with me and then stayed every weekend night and many weekday nights when my mom was unable to stay. This was all in addition to doing the household chores and responsibilities. I can honestly say I am thankful for an awesome husband who now is an amazing daddy!


In addition to my husband caring for me this Thanksgiving I was reminded of my family and friends who showed their love in so many ways from my mom spending every Monday to Thursday sleeping on a hospital sofa bed and the rest of my family and friends for helping out in so many ways.


Most of all I was thankful for my gifts of Gracie and Bailey. I never thought that my heart could have so much thankfulness or that one person could feel so much love. What an amazing BLESSING it is to be a mother and experience this love.


We celebrated two Thanksgivings this year. The first was in Macon and it was spent with my mom's family of about 15 extended relatives from Virginia, Texas, Missouri and Chicago. It is a tradition that we celebrate Thanksgiving early because my mom says it is more important for us all to be together then to celebrate on any one day. Every year we start the festivities with attending Christmas in the South which is a huge craft fair in Macon. We then have dinner at mom's house and end with our annual bunco tournament. This year we added a wine tasting that I sat out of due to the fact that I am still feeding the twins but it was fun to watch everyone else have fun!


One very Thankful Family of Four!

Bailey loves being the "real baby doll" for all of his girl cousins!

A holiday can't be complete without a sister pic! "Laura, Mary Ellen, Paula and me!" My mom and 3 out of 6 of her siblings: Mike from Missouri, Paul from Texas, and Mark from Chicago!

On Thanksgiving day we celebrated with Preston's family at his parents home. We kept it pretty small this year since we are still trying to keep Gracie and Bailey out of the crowds but it was very yummy as we always enjoy Becky's cooking and spending time with family.

Aunt Kara loving on a sleepy Gracie.
Uncle Parker and Aunt Nicole spoiling Bailey!
Daddy Bob and Bailey.


Two tired Thanksgiving twins!

No comments:

Post a Comment