Thursday, February 25, 2010

Celebrating Khloe

This past weekend Preston, the twins and I all headed to Macon to celebrate a very special occasion. My cousin, Shannon is pregnant and my mom hosted a baby shower. I always LOVE returning home because I get to see all of my family and like they say...home is where the heart is! We had lots of extended family come into town to celebrate the day. My cousin Jamie Lyn came from Virginia, my aunt and uncle came from Texas, and Shannon and her mother drove from Florida. This was Gracie and Bailey's first time attending a baby shower. Shannon looked so beautiful and was blessed with a great selection of gifts. We are very excited about meeting her sweet little girl, Khloe Ann who is expected to arrive in May.
Seeing Shanon pregnant honestly made me miss my big belly with my babies inside it. I tried to encourage Shannon to enjoy every minute of her pregnancy as it is a precious gift from God. I love baby showers and celebrating new life as my Grandpa Grace says "it is a reminder that God is not disappointed with mankind.
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be” (Psalm 139:13-16, NIV).

The beautiful Mommy to be, Shannon and her mother, Debbie.
The cousins, Jamie Lyn, Shannon, and me!

Gracie and Bailey all dressed up for the shower!

Gracie and Bailey crashing after a full day of playing with their cousins!

No comments:

Post a Comment