Thursday, February 25, 2010

"Kathryn Grace"

When it came to naming our children Preston and I wanted their names to be very meaningful and special. "Kathryn Grace" was one of our very first names we picked out and it was set in stone probably about three years before we knew she was on her way!

I love the way that Gracie is looking at her Grandma "Kathryn" in this pic!

Celebrating with Grandma Katie on my first Mothers Day as a Mommy to be!

Kathryn comes from Preston's side of the family as Kathryn is his Grandmother. We call his grandma Katie and she is one of the sweetest people I know. Katie is currently in an assisted living and suffers from Alzheimer's which causes her to have good days and bad days. Katie is physically strong as she has even broken a hip but has not let it stop her from walking. In Katie's earlier days she was quite funny and always polite. I would love for our "Kathryn" to have these same characteristics of being strong yet humble and funny.

Gracie and her Grandma and Grandpa Grace.


"Grace" comes from my side of the family. I have what we like to call as adopted grandparents and their last name is Grace. Growing up my grandparents lived in Arkansas and Missouri and so we did not get to see them as often as we liked. My mom just so happened to work with a sweet school teacher named Mrs. Grace who lived just around the corner and so at seven years old I started visiting them daily. Grandpa Grace even picked me up from my elementary school on a daily basis. I spent many nights with them and would always wake up to a loaf of homemade bread! Today most people know them to be "Grandma and Grandpa Grace." Grandma and Grandpa Grace are two of the sweetest people you could ever meet. Grandma Grace loves music, butterflies, angels, to teach and life in general. She loves to talk and to entertain. Grandpa Grace is very patriotic and has a sincere love for God. He was also a twin himself! I would be honored for Gracie to have these same characteristics and to shine like Grandma and Grandpa Grace.

"Preston Bailey's" post will be coming as soon as we can get pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment