Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Seven Month Old Twin Love!

I woke up and sang Happy Birthday today to my sweet little angels for their seventh month birthday. My favorite part of the day is getting my babies up and giving them kisses all over before they even get out of the bed, what a great way to wake up! Realizing that it was their birthday I decided I would get a few photos of them. After their breakfast of oatmeal and applesauce I laid them on a blanket to change them. I have discovered with twins that it is much easier to skip the changing table and lay them on a blanket where they can both have my full attention at once, it seems to prevent lots of tears! Gracie and Bailey immediately grab for each other now and usually anything goes straight in their mouth's including each other! I am constantly saying something like"Gracie don't eat your brother."

Bailey is our little "cuddle bug" and he LOVES to grab his sister's hand whenever she is in reach. Sometimes Gracie is not in the mood to hold hands and she growls at her bother. I love to watch my sweet babies hold hands and I am glad that Bailey is already looking out for his sis.

Grandma visited later in the week and this is a pic of her enjoying the beautiful weather with all of her grandchildren!
Grandma accompanied us to our VERY LAST SYNAGIS INJECTION !!! Yippee after receiving them once a month after our discharge from the NICU we are very glad to have them behind us. For those of you who may not be familiar with Synagis, it is a monthly injection to help lessen the severity of RSV in children with immunity disorders which for us would be prematurity. RSV is the most common reason for hospitalization of premature babies. We were extremely blessed to have the shots covered by insurance as they are very costly and about $3,000 per injection. "Knock on wood" the shot has seemed to help us stay healthy through an aggressive flu season. Grandma thought that the twins were so brave for their shot that they deserved to go to Babies R Us and pick out some new toys. Bailey loved his new weebles and teething monkey!
This past week Preston and I attended my twins club consignment sale. I am a member of North Fulton Mothers of Multiples and they had an amazing consignment sale where we picked up some great new items for the twins. The items looked brand new and the prices were great and perfect for our budget! We brought home another exersaucer, some new books, dvds, another bath ring, some adorable matching beach outfits and a carrier for daddy to wear.
Gracie and Bailey in their new but gently used exersaucers!

No comments:

Post a Comment