Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mama's Day

This Mother's Day I felt amazingly blessed to be a mother. It was very surreal to think about how last year I was able to celebrate that Gracie and Bailey were in my belly and this year that they are beautiful nine month old babies. I absolutely love everything about being a mommy.
I have to admit that I have always dreamed of the perfect Mothers Day that you see in the movies or on tv; you know the one where the mom wakes up to breakfast in bed, takes beautiful pictures with her babies at church where she wears a flower on her shoulder and then she gets whisked away to a spa for the day. Well my Mother's day looked a little different... I was up at 4am with a sick baby, up at 6:45 am feeding two babies, unloaded the dishwasher, prepared 10 bottles, restocked the changing table, did two loads of laundry, got peed on and puked on all before 9am. Unfortunately we were not able to attend church because Gracie and Bailey still had colds and we were worried about them possibly catching something else. I secretly wanted to be able to stand up so bad in church when they asked all the mommies to be recognized.
This is just what the Mother's Day of a mama with twins looks like! With all this being said, my day was perfect!
I left out of the above that I woke up to the baby monitor to hear my sweet Bailey saying "Mama" for the very first time. How awesome is that! Of course I ran to him and gave him a million kisses. Preston helped the twins surprise me by leaving matching "I love Mommy" picture frames and cards in the play room. We planned a picnic in order to celebrate the day and visited a new park to us called "Pooles Mill Park." The park was pretty and we had lots of fun. The day could not have been more beautiful. I loved that all the other moms greeted me with Happy Mother's Day, it was kind of like a secret society or something by the way we all felt united. We enjoyed a picnic lunch, took lots of fun pictures, watched the waterfalls and played on the playground. That evening we visited Preston's parents and the twins had fun playing with their Grammy who is an amazing mother and grandmother. We do not know what we would do without our Grammy. She is always so willing to help and loves her grand babies more then anyone I know.
I can't end my post without recognizing my own mom who is a terrific mom as well. I think this pretty much sums it up...who else would sleep on a hospital sofa bed for every Monday-Thursday night for 7 weeks so their baby didn't have to be alone, yes enough said! Besides that my mom has truly been a lifesaver this year when I have needed it the most. I am very blessed to have her in my life.

Mother's Day in the park.

Mommy and her sweet Gracie.
Watching the ducks from the beautiful bridge.
Doubly Blessed Mommy!
Swinging in the park.
His smile made my day perfect!
Mommy having fun with her babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment