Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Celebrating two by two

Birthdays have always been a big deal in my family and so as Gracie and Bailey started to approach the 1 year mark "well really ever since they were born" I started thinking about how I could make their 1st birthday extra special. We decided to have a big birthday bash with a Noah's Ark theme since Gracie and Bailey decided to come two by two and they love animals. We really were not able to get ready for the party until right before because with the twins very few house projects ever seem to get crossed off the to do list. We gave the twins their present the morning of the party in hopes that it would help to keep them occupied while we made the last minute preparations. I wanted to concentrate more on them and us having fun so we decided to make things easy. We ordered 20 pizzas and 6 dozen cupcakes and filled the house with animal crackers and lots of balloons. We had about 30 adults and a dozen little friends to help us celebrate the big day. It was mighty hot outside and so we put some tables in the garage to help provide some shade and extra seating. It was a priceless moment when everyone sang Happy Birthday to Gracie and Bailey and their eyes lit up at their 1st Birthday candles. Bailey actually started clapping out of excitement and his little hands made my heart melt. Gracie was ecstatic over her Birthday balloons and she still is pointing to them and saying "Birthday." Their reactions told me that they felt special and that my goal had been accomplished. At the end of the day I was a little sad because I had looked forward to the day for so long but then we just decided to keep the parties going and so more posts are soon to come!


Gracie and Bailey with their present the morning of the party, they loved it!


Our Birthday outfits all ready for the party!

Sidewalk chalk makes any party fun!

Announcing our sweet little one's big day!

Noah's Ark cupcakes were so yummy

All ready to party!

Lots going on at this party.

Amazement of the 1st birthday candles.


1st time eating cake

We love our grandparents

and more partying to come!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I have the biggest smile on my face right now. I'm so happy for you and your beautiful family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I finally figured out how to post a comment! OH MY GOODNESS!!! I can't believe how big they are. I miss them sooo much! We loved the pics. They are beautiful babies! We love you guys and miss u so much. Hope to see u soon.

    ReplyDelete