Monday, November 8, 2010

Thanksgiving in Macon

Our Thankful Family of Four
Each year my Mom hosts Thanksgiving the first week of November because she says it is more important to celebrate together as a family then to celebrate on any one specific day which works out nicely for my sisters and I since we all have husbands and extended families to celebrate with. Two days before our big day this year I got a phone call and my mom did not sound like her chipper excited self as she would normally be a couple days before all her babies are coming into town, she gave me the news that she had fallen and they she broke her right ankle. She was upset that she could not be the "hostess to the mostest" that she normally is but with four girls we all chipped in and the festivities were just and fun and yummy. The weekend included games of cornhole, sleepovers with cousins, a wine tasting, bunco tournament, the Christmas in the South craft show and of course Thanksgiving dinner. As usual Gracie and Bailey had endless hours of fun with their cousins. We were excited to have my Aunt Debby, cousin Shannon and her new sweet baby girl, Chloe to join us from Florida. My mom's early Thanksgiving always seems to confuse me a little as I return home ready for awesome sales and to start decorating for Christmas and then I always get reminded that the actual Thanksgiving day hasn't really happened yet. It is fun to stretch the holiday season out a little bit and to have extra time to reflect on all of our many blessings. I am a very thankful and blessed daughter, sister, wife and mother.
Gracie and Bailey having fun in Granny's garden.
Granny and her Gracie.
Bailey is having a cookie with Gma and Gpa Grace.
All the cousins minus Addie Mae who was napping.
"Bailey, Michael, Andrew, Lauren, Molly Kay and Gracie"
Four thankful sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment