Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Reminders


We hosted Thanksgiving dinner this year and so there was alot to do in order to prepare in addition to caring for the twins. I tried not to concentrate on the house being in perfect condition because it was just common since that you can't count on one year twins to keep a house in tidy condition. With preparing ahead of time, making all the food the night before and cleaning a little at a time we were able to have a stress free Thanksgiving day. I can't remember if it was the day before or that day...but I think God was trying to help me on realizing how truly thankful we are for our little blessings. Gracie has a baby doll and I have always hated her tacky little outfit and so I pulled out one of her preemie outfits and put it on the baby doll in which she takes everywhere with her. I sat and looked at this doll thinking about how it was the size of my sweet babies when they were born and I was brought back to a very humbled and thankful momma. Another subtle reminder was when I was out at Walmart buying sweet potatoes at around 10pm the night before and I ran into a couple with a new set of twins. The couple looked so tired and worn out and so I introduced myself and we talked for a little bit about how hard twins are in the beginning. I thought to myself about the very trying year we had the year before and how thankful I was that we are where we are today.
Since everything was all prepared for the big day we started it out with doing a little art project with Gracie and Bailey where I traced their hands which is posted above. I did let them play with the markers for a little bit but once they went running towards the walls and had markers all over their mouths I thought it was probably best that maybe we continue with our art on another day! We hosted Preston's side of the family and I was grateful that his mom cooked the turkey. We were surprised by my parents who were able to come early and enjoy dinner with us. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day to celebrate Thanksgiving with our loved ones.
Twin's 2nd Turkey Day

Having fun in the backyard with Uncle Parker, Aunt Nicole and new cousin Mary Elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment