Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Two Little Fishies

While in Panama City Bailey woke up one morning and said "I am going to learn to swim today with no floaties." We were excited at the fact that he was eager to learn and that he was going to be brave but I have to be honest in that I really did not think that he would learn to fully swim in one day. After spending some time on the beach he wanted to go up to the pool and his Aunt Paula worked with him on swimming for a little bit. While Bailey had his swimmies off Preston also worked on teaching him to hold his breath under the water and such. In less then an hour Preston was yelling at me to come and watch and Bailey was swimming all the way from one side of the pool to the next. He was SO proud of himself and he was actually doing it. He wanted to do it over and over again showing everyone who was surrounding the pool. I was a little worried because he looked so tired but he kept insisting on swimming more and more. The next day we headed to the pool and when we went to go put on his swimmies he said "no swimmies Mom I know how to swim now." He became one confident little fellow and  he proved to us that he can do just about anything he sets his mind to. By the end of the trip he was not only swimming in the pool with no floaties but he would also swim in the ocean which is pretty hard with how choppy the waves were. I was very proud of my little buddy for being so brave and conquering a huge achievement.

Gracie wanted nothing to do with swimming without her floaties while we were in Panama City. I think she was honestly quite astounded that her brother learned to swim so quickly as usually she is "the leader of the pack." Everything has to be in Gracie's own time which is her classic personality so it did not surprise me that she was choosing to not follow in her twin's footsteps. When we got home I took them swimming at her Aunt Nicole's neighborhood pool and she still wasn't budging on the taking off the swimmies movement. The next day we went to my friend Katie's pool and Gracie decided that she would take off her swimmies while on the step and we went through several steps of putting her face under the water, allowing me to pull her under the water, kicking her feet, moving her arms and etc but it was all while I was still holding on to one of her hands. I thought that was pretty good for one day and then two days later we went to the pool with her Grammy and Daddy Bob and she decided that she would learn to swim while the camera was rolling which is very much "Gracie style" and she did it!

I am very proud that I now have two little fishies although it now makes for one very busy momma as I am constantly watching them like a hawk! It is so much fun watching two little ones who are so much alike and also so very different having their own unique personalities.



No comments:

Post a Comment