Sunday, June 20, 2010

Best Daddy Ever!

This Father's Day we celebrated Preston being able to experience his first Father's Day with his two sweet babies. We went to church and praised God for our blessings and then went to his parents house for his annual tradition of watching the US Open with his dad. We talked about how last year at this time we both watched the same tournament from my hospital room. Preston said that he never would have imagined our babies like they are today last year at this time. I thought it would be fun to get his perspective for Father's Day so here we go...

What surprises you the most about being a dad?
The way that Gracie and Bailey react when I get home from work, they really know who I am, it is the greatest feeling in the world.
What do you love about Gracie?
Her personality, it is just unbelievable! She can be so sweet or the opposite but she is just SO cute.
What do you love about Bailey?
That he is ALWAYS happy, he is just a really good baby. He always has a smile on his face and I love his chuckle.
What do you look up to the most about your dad?
He was always so involved with me when I was little. He was my baseball coach for 5 years. It meant alot that he took time out of his busy schedule to really spend time with me.

My perspective on the best daddy ever...a daddy who didn't leave us for a single day during our 7 week stay in the hospital and 6 week stay in the NICU. Preston got up every single night in the middle of the night to help with night time feedings and changings and still does if the need arises. He encourages me to go to all of my women's groups and twin meeting while he stays home to care for our little one's all by himself. I have never been to the doctor with the twins alone because he always makes them work into his schedule. He comes home from work not tired but full of excitement to greet Gracie and Bailey with hugs and kisses and offers a special playtime to give me a break. Even tonight I walked downstairs to find Gracie simply sleeping in his arms and I said "honey why don't you put her in bed" and he said "because I love to hold her when she is sleeping, look at her she is just so sweet." He is a Daddy who is over the top in love with his babies and family and I couldn't thank God for a greater blessing of a husband and daddy to our Gracie and Bailey.
In our Daddy's hands...





1 comment: