Tuesday, July 6, 2010

First Fourth

This Fourth of July was spectacular because I had my precious angels to celebrate it with. The Fourth of July in the past couple years has been quite memorable. Not many people know this but two years ago Preston and I lost a sweet little baby over the Fourth of July weekend. That weekend I watched the fireworks tearfully while holding a friend's baby. I knew in my heart that one day soon I would be watching fireworks with my own sweet baby but little did I know it would be "babies!" Last year Preston and I watched the fireworks from my hospital room. I can remember it like it was yesterday...we were so excited that we could actually see the fireworks through the trees and I was excited that I had a reason to get of bed for a short period of time. This year the holiday definitely made up for the one's in the past. We joined my sister Paula and her family in Helen once again in order to celebrate the holiday. Preston, the twins and I all stayed in a camper with Paula, Chad and their three children. My mom was also in town because my Uncle Mike from Missouri came into town to visit. The boys played golf and the girls enjoyed a picnic in the park. We had a family fun filled weekend celebrating the independence of our country and remembering those who are serving and who have served our country.


Going for a walk at the campground.


Daddy and his little firecracker.


Girls just having fun! "Doesn't my baby look so grown up!"
Mommy and Bailey acting silly!
Granny and Gracie in the park.

Doubly cute Red, White, and Blue!
Michael and Bailey swinging while waiting on the fireworks.
Our Family's First Fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment