Sunday, January 2, 2011

Celebrating the New Year

This New Years Eve we had Preston's brother, Parker and his wife Nicole over to celebrate and eat dinner. We rushed back from Macon just the day before and I was so overwhelmed with unpacking from about two weeks and trying to figure out how to organize all the new toys/gifts. Somehow we got everything done and we had a fabulous time just hanging out with family. The Dawgs played and although the game wasn't very interesting we still had fun watching Gracie and Bailey cheer on the Dawgs. After dinner the boys played cornhole outside and Nicole and I stayed inside just having girl talk mostly about preparing for Mary Elizabeth's arrival. I love watching Preston and Parker when they get together because it is like they act as if they are literally 10 yrs old again. I think they stayed outside playing until about 2 in the morning! Throughout the night Gracie would point to Aunt Nicole's belly and say "baby" it was the cutest thing ever. She got a little mixed up and started pointing to my belly and saying "baby" and I definitely cleared that one up. It is funny as the new year approaches it seems that Gracie isn't the only one who is questioning us about a baby in my belly. I have alot of friends who had babies around the same time as I had the twins and they all are announcing that they are pregnant again. Just to clear the record...Preston and I are very content with our family of four at this point in time. When I told Preston about people questioning us who are announcing he said "honey they had one, we had two...ask them to ask you when they are announcing their third!" Point well said. At one time I did honestly think we would be expecting by this point in time but I am head over heels in love with having fun with my Gracie and Bailey and want to bask in this fun time for just a little longer. Last year was a blessed but hard, really hard year and Preston and I are enjoying every minute of our time together and being able to do so much more with Gracie and Bailey. With that said...Iam for certain that 2011 will be such a fun year for our family and I can't wait to see what the year entails for my precious family.
The boys "Parker, Bailey and Preston" celebrating a touchdown

Cutest lil Dawg fan ever!

There is a baby, "Mary Elizabeth" in THIS belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment