Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Just us Two!

We were blessed that Preston was able to take from Christmas Eve to the day after New Years off this year. It was SO nice having him with us for this time. Not only for the help as most people are probably thinking but just to have him with us to talk to and have fun with. As a stay at home mom sometimes it gets a little lonely when the only two people you see all day can't exactly have conversations with you. I loved the time that we were able to spend together reconnecting. My sister Paula and her husband Chad very graciously volunteered to keep the twins for a night so we could get away. This was our first time being apart from Gracie and Bailey. We decided to visit Savannah since it is close to Macon and Preston had never been before. Preston arranged for us to stay at the Hilton Desoto as his work is affiliated with the real estate loan and so he wanted to support one of their properties. It was BEAUTIFUL and we had a gorgeous view from our balcony of the cathedral. The hotel was about six blocks from River Street and I loved walking back and forth through all the squares as each one was unique. We enjoyed taking a trolley tour, an evening ghost pub tour, and loved dining at Rocks on the Roof. The most yummy part was enjoying warm Pralines. It was pretty chilly but with a quick purchase of a hat, mittens and a scarf we were able to enjoy the beauty of city. Of course I missed my babies like crazy but Paula said that they had so much fun and acted like big kids with their big cousins. It was reported that Gracie wouldn't have anything to do with anyone else except her cousin Molly Kay! Preston and I loved our visit and since it is such a quick trip from Macon we are looking forward to returning as a family of four in the Spring!

Preston grinning after I got suckered into letting a nice man make me a flower and serenade me, I thought I would just be paying him a $1 for a pic but little did I know Preston only had a $5 bill. He gave me strict instructions not to talk to anyone else!
Don't you just love these streets!

Pictures from our hotel balcony


Enjoying some yummy seafood with no crying babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment