Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Twins Third Thanksgiving



I can't believe that this year was my twins third Thanksgiving! Wow, where does all the time go? This Thanksgiving I was thankful for my wonderful husband, our healthy family, our children learning to love God, and that I am able to stay home with my children. One thing that the twins reminded me of this Thanksgiving is that I am especially thankful that they love each other. Preston and I have really worked hard to teach them to care for each other, to share, and to help each other. Of course we always have our moments of jealously, fights over the same toy and episodes of antagonizing one another but for the most part, I believe that Gracie and Bailey really love each other. It is hard to explain but their relationship is very unique and I love watching them interact on a daily basis. We have shared with them their story about being born early together and fighting together in the NICU to get strong. This Thanksgiving we traveled to Tampa to spend Thanksgiving day with my Aunt Debbie before heading to Disney World. While traveling the twins did the best that that they have ever done in the car on our 7 hour road trip. One thing that I brought with us to keep them occupied was their 1st Birthday video that shows pictures of them from their birth to first Birthday. They loved watching the pictures of themselves as tiny babies. The video brought tears to my eyes and reminded me of their fight together. On Thanksgiving day I loved watching them hug, hold hands and play together. I hope that Gracie and Bailey will always stay close and truly love each other. I am one very blessed Momma this Thanksgiving and I am so excited to be heading to Disney World with my family of four!


Enjoying the lake together in Tampa, FL


Bailey and the orange tree!


Gracie loved her cousin Khloe's four wheeler!


No comments:

Post a Comment