Sunday, May 12, 2013

First Camping Trip

All Packed and Ready to Camp!
As you can see our car looked like we could have survived for a month while we were camping. We learned a good lesson about how you have to pack tons of stuff in order to camp and so next time we will definitely be staying more then one night in order to make the packing worth while. We met my sister, Mary Ellen and her family to camp at Shady Shores off Lake Lanier. We pulled  into our campsite and Preston could not believe that I had reserved such a nice spot right next to the lake for about $25. We quickly unpacked and I took the kids bike riding while Preston set up our tent and the campsite. Gracie and Bailey were very excited to see their cousins: Andy, Lauren and Bella arrive and they instantly started playing and did not stop until they crashed for the night at about 7:30. The camp ground had an amazing playground which helped to keep them entertained. We grilled out hot dogs and s'mores for dessert. Preston taught Bailey how to fish for his first time ever and it brought back many memories of me fishing with my grandpa Bereyso. When it was time to go to bed and the twins were all snuggled in the tent Gracie told us, "ok we can go home now." I do not think she was quite too sure about sleeping in the tent. We told Gracie that all of us: "Mommy, Daddy, Bailey, Gracie & Dixie" would all be in the tent together and she seemed to be ok as they were snoring in about 30 minutes. The scenery of the lake was beautiful and Preston and I enjoyed spending time with Mary Ellen and Brian while also having time to chat together by the fire. I will admit that it did get a little cold at night and I was ready to go home and shower in the morning but it was one of those things that I can say we crossed off our list of "family things to do together!" We are looking forward to going camping again this Summer and hopefully we can spend a couple nights.
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment