Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Melt my heart...

I just have to share this story as I thought it was so sweet. I was in the kitchen cooking dinner as we were all waiting for Preston to get home. I told Bailey how proud I was of him for having a good day and Gracie said "are you proud of me momma, did I have a good day?" I went on to say yes and how I was very proud that she had not had any no no corners and that I was proud that she had eaten all of her lunch. Gracie just sat on the floor playing for about 10 more minutes and then she said "you know what momma," and I preceded to say "what." Then Gracie said "I am so proud of you for taking such good care of us today." Needless to say my heart just melted on the spot. It sounds silly to say that it felt good to have a compliment from a three year old but it really did make me happy that she was able to verbalize her appreciation. My Gracie has always been a "words of affirmation" girl but it really helped to remind me that my words make a definite impact on my little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment