Monday, May 16, 2011

The Big 30 !

The weekend before my Birthday we headed to Macon to have a baby shower for my cousin Jamie who lives in California. We had lots of out of town family who came to town for the shower and so I was very excited to drive down with the babies to help my mom prepare while Preston was traveling on business. We celebrated my 30th Birthday and my niece Khloe's 1st Birthday on Saturday. Gracie and Bailey were so excited to help me blow out the candles and to enjoy finger samplings of the cake. People keep asking me if it feels different to turn 30 and honestly it does not, it is just like any other Birthday although this year I do feel extremely blessed by my family. Gracie and Bailey have really gotten to a fun stage and Preston and I could not be more happy with our marriage. You know life is good when on a daily basis you think the thought of "if only I could freeze this moment." I hope that my next 30 years are as fun and blessed as my first 30 have been. After Macon we drove home on my Birthday and Preston's parents kept Gracie and Bailey so we could enjoy a date night at Provinos. The twins surprised me with a Bath and Body Works basket full of goodies and Preston was very thoughtful to get me an Arthur Court piece that I had mentioned I wanted. He got extra brownie points for showing me that he really listens! On Tuesday the celebration continued at his parents house where his parents and little sister gave me a scrap book of the twins. His little sister Kara worked so hard on the scrap book and it is something that I will always treasure. My family and friends made me feel extra special for my 30th and I am blessed to have each one of them in life.
"the twins played with the camera so please ignore the wrong dates on the pics!"

Mommy's Birthday cake

Yummy cake and presents
Having fun on Grandma's front porch

No comments:

Post a Comment