Sunday, May 8, 2011

Doubly Blessed Mothers Day


This Mother's Day was bitter sweet in the fact that I was able to spend it with my family but if felt a little lacking in the fact that we were not able to spend time with my mom or Preston's mom. We are heading to Macon this week and so we will get to spend lots of time with my mom and Preston's mom was out of town but the grand babies made her a special little something for when she returns. Preston volunteered this morning in the church parking lot so the twins and I had to meet him at church. It felt a little stressed for Mother's Day until I read last year's blog posting about making 10 bottles and getting up in the middle of the night and I decided that this Mother's Day was a walk in the park compared to last year's! We went to church and I was SO proud of Gracie and Bailey for not crying when we dropped them off in Waumba Land. We then went home and Preston was super sweet to help with all the Sunday house chores. We decided to just hang out at home as we typically go to a park or somewhere every weekday and so the weekend time is just about us being together as a family. We played in the pool on the deck, took a walk and enjoyed Mexican takeout. Preston and the twins surprised me this morning with a Keurig coffee maker and a sweet card. I am very excited that I will be able to have a quick cup of coffee and not have to wash a coffee pot! The twins also made me precious hand print pictures in Waumba land with the verse "Her Children rise up and call her blessed. Proverbs 31:28" I couldn't think of a more suitable verse for today...unless it said doubly blessed!

Gracie and Bailey with Mommy's presents!



Seeing my babies love each other is the best present of all!



Fun family time in the pool.


Boys will be boys, my Bailey loves his dump trucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment