Friday, September 16, 2011

Homecoming Anniversary

September 15th has always been a special day for us as it is the day that Gracie and Bailey came home from the NICU. I look at this day as almost more significant then their Birthday because it was such a highly anticipated day. It was fun this year because I was able to explain to Gracie and Bailey what we were celebrating. I pulled out my scrapbook and we told stories to them about being tiny little 3 pounds babies and how we prayed so hard for them. I also showed them their itty bitty preemie clothes and Gracie loved putting them on her baby dolls, some of which were too big for them! All day long I would ask them, "what is today" and they would yell "we came home today!" We had their friend Zack over to play and had pizza and cupcakes to celebrate.I think it is so important for Gracie and Bailey to know their story and how so many people prayed for them. I love having our own little special day to celebrate.



No comments:

Post a Comment