Wednesday, September 7, 2011


Today was the first day of school and I have just gotten the twins down for their nap. We started off the morning with our typical routine of eating breakfast and getting dressed but it was so much easier because Preston volunteered to stay home and help on the first day of school. It is amazing how smooth the morning goes when their are two adults in the home! Gracie and Bailey looked adorable wearing their little backpacks and holding their new lunchboxes. In my mind I kept telling myself "they are way too little to be going to school!" On the way to school we made up a silly song and sang "It is a great day to go to school..." The twins did good walking in. Bailey went right in the classroom but Gracie cried just a little bit as the little boy in front of her was screaming being dropped off. It never seems to help when you have the domino effect during drop off. I honestly wanted to cry as I was giving somebody my babies for a half of a day. The one thing that made me feel good was that my Gracie and Bailey atleast had each other and I knew that they would look out for one another. It seems like it has been so long since we have been separated from one another and it made me think back to the days of having to leave them in the hands of the NICU. I did good and did not shed a tear all day but I can say that their wasn't a minute that I didn't think about them! I am sure we will both begin to enjoy our time apart once we get more familiar with school. Gracie and Bailey will be going to North Lanier Baptist on two days a week. I am blessed that I have been given an amazing opportunity to work a full work day on Mondays at the Hospice House. Their Grammy and Granny will be picking them up and watching them for the rest of the day on Mondays. On the other half day I will be working from home doing bereavement counseling calls for Hospice but it will be nice to have a quiet home and to be able to maybe get in a little laundry folding while I am on the phone! I know that school will be great for Gracie and Bailey and I am most excited that they will not only be learning their numbers and ABC's but that they will also be attending chapel service and learning the stories of the Bible. Sometimes it is so hard to do what you know is the best for your little ones but I guess that is a part of them growing up!




No comments:

Post a Comment