Wednesday, April 11, 2012

He is Risen!

This year was a BLAST celebrating Easter with Gracie and Bailey. They were so excited about the Bunny coming and they truly were able to understand that it was a celebration that Jesus had risen. I am pretty sure that last year they had no concept that the holiday was religious but this year they brought home adorable little Easter story shoe boxes and they both could tell the story of the tomb and Jesus rising. We had reiterated the meaning of Easter at home but I was a little surprised when I was in the playroom with Bailey and he looked at me while playing with his Easter box and said "Jesus died on the cross." I honestly had not gone over this with them as I wasn't sure that their little two year old hearts were ready for that amount of the story. I wasn't mad at all that he knew this and my heart was overjoyed at the knowledge in his heart. Sometimes momma's just need a little nudge to not be too overprotective and I am glad that their school helped me realize that they were ready for this knowledge.
The night before Easter Gracie and Bailey both had a talk with Dixie to tell her to not bark at the Easter Bunny. They were so excited when they woke up and saw their baskets full of goodies. They played with all of their toys and then noticed that the Bunny had hidden eggs in the backyard. They went out to find all of their eggs in the pj's before we got ready for Church.
We attended the 11 service which was nice because we had plenty of time to get ready. Gracie's Easter dress was extra special because it was her big cousin Molly Kay's hand me down dress that she had worn as the flower girl in our wedding, "how neat is that!" After church we headed over to Preston's parents home to watch the Master's we enjoyed a delicious Easter dinner cooked by Becky. We were happy to have Preston's Aunt Pat and cousin Bill join us for the day. The twins took great naps at Grammy's while we watched the Masters which worked out great. By the end of they night they were exhausted and I felt like we all needed to recuperate from our fun Spring Break Week. It was back to school on Monday morning!






No comments:

Post a Comment