Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Day of School

Gracie and Bailey's first day of school was on August 20th. They are attending North Lanier Baptist's Weekday on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9-1. I was still recovering from surgery and so I was sad to not be able to drive the twins to school for their first day. My Mom took them and I was very thankful to have Granny's help! Their teacher asked them to both bring a teddy bear for show and tell. They were excited to bring a teddy bear with them and I think it helped to ease any nervousness. They each had a new book bag and lunch box for this year. I think it is funny in the picture above that Gracie's book bag is almost as big as her!
When the twins arrived home I was so excited to hear about the first day. I asked them about their day and Bailey said "My teacher did not listen to me." I asked "well what were you trying to tell her" and he replied, " that I wanted to play some more." We of course had a discussion about how it is our job to listen to the teacher but I thought Bailey's response was pretty funny and I was glad that he was obviously having a fun time playing. Their teacher this year is Mrs. Mary and she seems to be very sweet and so I am excited to see what my babies "oops I mean big kids"  will learn this year. These pictures are the best I could do with a splint on my nose and little ability to keep up with fast moving toddlers!


No comments:

Post a Comment