Thursday, September 20, 2012

"You Don't Look Like a Doctor"

3 Year Healthy Checkup

On September 18th we went to our 3 year healthy checkup. The twins love playing "doctor" at home so they were actually so excited to see the real doctor. When the nurse did Gracie's height measurement she asked if we could remove her bow because it was adding another two in inches to her height! Speaking of measurements, I was so proud that my babies had grown to be all caught up after their tiny little starts. Gracie was 32 1/2 pounds-66% for weight, 37 3/4 inches-64% for height and a BMI of 16-61%. Bailey was 33 1/2-67% for weight, 38 1/8inches-63% for height and a BMI of 16.20-57%. The doctor actually checked their records from last year because he couldn't believe their comparisons. He also congratulated me on only 2 sick appointments for the last year and I gave thanks to God for that one! During the visit, Dr.Cox did not have on his white coat. Gracie looked at Dr.Cox after he walked in the room and said "you don't look like a doctor." He asked her what she thought he looked like and she said "a daddy." It was one of those moments where I held my breath as I waited for her answer! They loved visiting the "real doctor" and I loved that we didn't have to have any shots this visit. I am so thankful for my healthy little ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment